Permanent URI for this collection
- ItemOpen AccessDaily Trust 28th Jan. 2021(Media Trust, 2021-01-28) Daily TrustMany killed as rival bandits clash in Katsina pg4; Furore over government’s night raid on Dahiru Bauchi’s tsangaya school in Kaduna pg3; 802 stranded Nigerians in Saudi Arabia to return today pg4; Amnesty International alleges continued police brutality pg4; Buhari to service chiefs: We're in state of emergency pg5; Akeredolu, Makinde, Ooni meets president pg5; Insecurity: 300 female soldiers deployed to Abuja-Kaduna Highway pg6; Buhari okays 6-month jail for COVID-19 protocols’ violators pg6; Strange disease kills four, 24 others hospitalized in Sokoto pg7; Ortom tests positive for COVID-19 pg7; 11-year old boy drowns in Kano pg7; 4 killed in Kogi road crash pg7; Why restructuring? Pg9; Not just new Chiefs, but a new strategy is needed pg12; Appointing a new IGP pg13; Challenges before the new service chiefs pg13; Presidential order on NASENI to manufacture helicopters pg13; Deadly second wave of COVID-19 and youth vulnerability pg13; A reflection on Toyin Falola’s ‘Is the diaspora now about rubbishing those at home? Pg14; CBN disburses N554bn to 2m farmers in 5 years pg16; Buhari nominates new AGF, FRC Chairman pg16; Equities market gains N180bn in 3rd-day trading pg16; Oil dealers worry over PIB clauses pg17; No aviation agency benefited from N5bn palliative — NCAT rector pg17; I foresee more trouble for poultry sector – Animal College provost pg19; COVID-19: 700m students study from home lose $10 trillion – World Bank pg20; Protect students, teachers against COVID-19, gov’t, schools’ owners told pg20; FG to execute 43 road projects in tertiary institutions pg20; SON seizes N55m 'harmful' detergents in Ogun pg22; Shun govt's directive, Edo NUT tells teachers pg22; Ekiti court dissolves 3-year-old marriage over cruelty pg22; Benue Livestock Guards impound 376 cows, arrest 6 herders pg23; Man in court over N2m fraud pg23; Bigwigs won’t hijack APC membership registration – Gov Bello pg25; Transmit bill on restructuring to N/Assembly, Olawepo-Hashim urges Buhari pg25;APC chieftain advocates capital punishment for corrupt politicians pg25; Cholera kills 20 in Benue pg30; Nigerien police often rescue us from bandits – Sokoto district head pg30; Insecurity: Obasanjo tasks youth to douse tension pg30; Police parade 59 for murder, rape, kidnapping in Ogun pg30; COVID-19: Five die in Osun within 24 hours pg30; Wikki Tourists striker, Ibrahim becoming popular with pencil portraits pg31; National Open Archery tourney holds March 2 in Abuja pg31; NSF 2021 in limbo as Edo gov’t complains of lack of funds pg31; 10-man Pillars labour to 1-0 victory over Rivers United pg31.
- ItemOpen AccessDaily Trust 25th Jan. 2021(Media trust ltd, 2021-01-25) Daily TrustUntold story of Amotekun, herders’ clash in Oyo community pg3; Kano’s quest to revive ailing industries pg 18; Cultists burn 35 houses, market in Enugu pg8; Foreign rice floods Nigerian markets pg5; Quit notice: South west governors meet Miyetti Allah today Pg4; 3,000 displaced as bandits kill 6, abduct 5 in Niger Pg8; ABU, other tertiary institutions can resume from Monday – Kaduna govt; Gunmen invade orphanage, kidnap 11 in FCT council pg33; Insecurity: Let’s avoid another civil war – Bishop pg.7; Oyo communal clash claims 2, police van, monarch’s palace vandalized pg.8; Go after criminals, don’t label herders pg14; How green is FG’S Green Imperative Project (GIP)? Pg 14; Selling FG’s moribund assets to fund 2021 budget pg14; Museveni’s contentious sixth term pg16; How Kano moves to revive ailing industries pg18; Foreign investors can’t fix Ajaokuta Steel Complex — Kamoru Yusuf pg19; Scores await N45,000 airport car operators’ fund as payment begins pg20; Hygiene: FCTA warns veterinary staff, butchers pg30; 2023: Kogi lawmakers under attack over Bello’s campaigns pg32; Nigeria ripe for female presidency – NDIC chair pg32; Nasarawa Utd cage Wolves 2-1 to maintain unbeaten run pg39;
- ItemOpen AccessDaily Trust 22 Jan. 2021(Media Trust, 2021-01-22) DAILY TrustUnpaid bills: Electricity supply to Shagari’s house cut off, restored pg.9; 2023: Low turnout as Yoruba summit pushes for Tinubu presidency pg,29; Fulani free to live in Ondo – Monarchs pg 38; Govs disown Yahaya Bello over COVID-19 vaccine claim pg,7Jega, Nwodo, Adebanjo: Restructure Nigeria now pg1; Discipline, sincerity, security will rescue Nigeria – North Central Forum pg,3; Let’s fi x fundamental issues fi rst – Jonathan pg,4; Implement Jonathan’s confab report – Adebanjo pg,4; Nigeria’s federalism defective - Prof Jega pg,4; Northern Elders Forum backs restructuring pg,6; Buhari directs foreign, local coys on strict tax payment pg,16; FG approves guidelines for Executive Order 5 pg,16; Africa remains fertile for investment — Adesina pg,17; Firm, FCDO to train 1,000 persons in Nigeria pg,17; France among top 10 export destinations — Minister pg,17; Nigeria’s telecom subscribers hit 208m — NCC pg,18; KEDCO to improve services with complaints data pg.18; NIN: Katsina donates 34 laptop computers, printers to NIMC pg,19; Kia Nigeria plans another electric vehicle pg,20; How iconic is Hyundai Ioniq 5? Pg,20; Group to raise 3,000 emerging leaders in 3 yrs pg21; How I converted my school project to business venture — Tailor pg,21; NDE trains 420 youths on skills in Kebbi pg.21; British College launched in Akure, pioneers online learning pg.21; Institute sensitises Gombe IDPs on peaceful co-existence pg22; Northeast farmers get N6.4bn CBN loan to boost cotton production pg22; 55 orphans, vulnerable children to benefi t from varsity intervention pg22; Benue court orders WAEC to release 52 candidates’ results pg23; How business can thrive in Plateau – PLACOBPA pg23; NDE trains 50 unemployed women on spice making in Plateau pg23; Borno girls obtain job skills to ‘live with dignity’ pg.24; Child without anus yet to undergo surgery —Fathe pg.24; COVID-19 safety awareness improves in Maiduguri pg.24; Police urge politicians to intervene in A/Ibom land crisis pg.25; Bayelsa women decry herders’ destruction of farmlands pg25; Pastor links communities with bridge pg.26; Kwara disburses N92.5m to Ilorin rainstorm victims pg.26; 2, 139 Niger households affected by 2020 fl ood get FG relief materials pg.26; Gunmen abduct many in Zamfara village Buhari orders speedy response pg.27; 2023: Low turnout as Yoruba summit pushes for Tinubu presidency Kogi lawmakers intensify campaign for Yahaya Bello pg.29; Violation of political parties’ constitutions hindering our growth – Ex-gov Elechi pg29; We will unseat Makinde in 2023 – Oyo APC pg.29; Group empowers 563 farmers in 3 states, FCT pg.30; Court jails student for cultism in Akwa Ibom pg.32; Armed men disrupt Bayelsa council lawmakers’ sitting pg.32; Banditry: Some emirs sabotaging our peace deal –Matawalle pg.38; Forest reserves: Fulanis free to live in Ondo –Monarchs pg.38; Only fresh elections can end NBBF crisis – Skambo pg.39
- ItemOpen AccessDaily Trust, Wednesday 20th January, 2021(Media Trust, 2021-01-20) Daily Trust12.3m subscribers await SIM linkage with NIN pg.5; Akeredolu’s quit order to herdsmen inflammatory – Presidency pg.5; 167 Nigerians lack access to hand washing facilities’ Pg.44; Controversy as Afenifere opts out of Yoruba summit pg.44; Lagos: ‘Demand for oxygen has risen from 70 to 350 cylinders daily’ Pg .14; Tears, woes of Bayelsa communities razed by rival militant gangs pg.3; Jonathan chairs 18th Daily Trust Dialogue tomorrow pg.4; N32bn property lost to fi re incidents in 2020-Fire Service CG pg.4; Again, FG allays fears over COVID-19 vaccines pg.4; Yobe enrols 65,000 out of school children pg.7; FG launches sale of farm inputs in Nasarawa pg.8; Traders count loses after Sokoto market inferno pg.8; Hisbah decry rising cases of domestic violence pg,8; We’ll not accept Fulani annihilation – CNG pg.9; COVID-19: Kano orders civil servants to stay at home, bans viewing, event centres pg.10; Ogun bans trucks from fl yovers as tanker fi re claims 3 pg,10; Gunmen abduct district head in Adamawa pg.10; Miyetti Allah alleges killing of 21 members pg10; Troops killed 2 bandits in Kagarko pg.10; 465 inmates studying criminology, security courses-FG pg.14; Importation of rice, poultry, others remains banned – NCS pg.14; Kukah and the perils of preaching politics pg.16; 365 days in offi ce in Imo State pg.17; Open letter to President Buhari on appointment of new VC for FU Wukari pg.17; My case against President Buhari for unfair treatment pg.18; Curtail excesses of Amotekun pg.18; ‘Cooking gas consumption reached 1m metric tonnes in 2020’ pg.22; Customs awaits trade import lists from AfCFTA committee pg,22; Downward trend continues as stocks lose N16bn pg.22; FIRS generated N4.9tr in 2020 pg.22; NSE to launch fi rst derivative product pg.23; Dana Air removes fees on fl ight changes pg.23; Sterling, Mercy Corps to train 90,000 rural farmers pg23; Emirates, Etihad test-run IATA Travel Pass pg.23; ‘Why Heirs Holdings acquired stakes in OML 17’ pg.23; Why industrialization process is slow — Minister pg.24; Youths trained on local tricycle production pg.24; COVID-19: CHI hopeful of economic rebound pg.24; FG restates support for MSMEs pg 24; One in four Britons say they resorted to DIY dentistry during lockdown, pulled out aching teeth with pliers pg.25; COVID-19: FCTA warns school heads against breach of protocols pg.28; Abaji chief appeals for bridge pg.28; Aduda commissions health, school projects pg.28; After Daily Trust report, work kicks off on Kuje road pg.28; #EndSARS: 3 charged with arson for burning police stationpg.29; Judicial panel: How police shot my brother to death – Petitioner pg.29; Youths foil robbery attack, recover gun, motorcycle pg.29; Katsina residents extol military onslaught on bandits pg.30; Residents want Birnin Gwari-Kaduna road, others reconstructed pg.30; KDSG strategises on building peace in Zangon Kataf pg30; Kano community where females relocate to have secondary education pg.31; NITDA DG donates cars to police, others in Hadejia LGA pg.31; Ijesha market fi re: Traders count losses pg.32; Farmers ask governors to support maize farming pg.32; US: Everything you need to know about Biden’s inauguration today pg.33; What you should know about Nigeria’s internet code of practice pg.34; Firm announces winners of data science hackathon challenge pg34; 2023: We’ll give Nigerians new political direction – NNM pg35; Controversy as Afenifere opts out of Yoruba summit pg.44; COVID-19: 11 health workers test positive in Taraba pg.44; FG targets 10m outof-school children for BESDA programme pg.45; Kukah: North Central Muslim group warns against inflammatory rhetoric pg46; Dare, NFF, Lumumba, others mourn ex-sports minister, Ka’oje pg..46;
- ItemOpen AccessDaily Trust, Thursday, April 1, 2021(Media Trust Limited, 2021-04-01) Daily TrustBritish government worried over insecurity in Nigeria. Pg.12; Gunmen attack Soludo, kill 3 security aides. Pg.6; FG recovers N49.7bn of N5.2trn debt. Pg.9; Military yet to submit estimates for arms – FG. Pg.5; Assault: Police probe CCT boss as lawyers plan suit. Pg.26; After collecting N5m ransom, kidnappers of cleric, 11 others dump 4 corpses. Pg.27; NSCIA tackles CAN over A/Court justices shortlisting. Pg.36; FEC approves N30.77bn contracts. Pg.4; Don’t go on strike, FG begs resident doctors. Pg4; Gunmen attack Soludo, kill 3 security aides. Pg.6; WAEC gets new chairman. Pg.8; National Assembly Service Commission seeks more funds. Pg.9; NAFDAC identifi es cause of Kano ‘strange illness’. Pg.10; Averting water related health crisis in the FCT. Pg.15; State assemblies must be autonomous. Pg.16; FG plans to install 36m meters as power users groan over tariff. Pg.17; NITT begins research on bio-fuel, electric vehicles. Pg.19; Concerns over upgrading of tertiary institutions to universities. Pg.25; APC national chair: I’ll contest if zoned to North East — Sheriff. Pg.34; IGP inaugurates police radio station. Pg.36; Oshoala scores as Barca reach Champions League semi-finals. Pg.40 Arrests made in Niger Republic attempted coup. Pg.36.