Permanent URI for this collection
Browsing Daily Trust by Title
Now showing 1 - 20 of 39
Results Per Page
- ItemOpen AccessDaily Trust(Media Trust Limited, 2020-01-07)Gov nabs soldiers, police extorting travelers...passengers forced to sleep in the open. p1; Electricity tariff not yet increased — FG. p3; Iran-U.S. tensions push oil price above $70/barrel. p15; Presidency: Buhari won’t hand pick his successor. p41; 596 dead workers on Bauchi govt payroll. p6; Many passengers abducted as gunmen ambush 2 vehicles. p31; Major events that will shape judiciary in 2020. p4; Land disputes delaying Ogoniland clean-up — FG. p3; 596 dead workers on Bauchi govt payroll. p6; Nasarawa develops 4-year education plan. p6; W/Bank, IDB, AfDB offer $364m for malaria drug production in Nigeria. p8; 2019: Hope, optimism and fresh opportunities. p10; Fight against sex for grades in tertiary institutions. p11; FAAN reopens Port Harcourt Airport. p14; CBN releases guidelines on Nigerian payment system risk. p17; How to tackle suicide rate among youths – Expert. p28; Laws not problem of elections in Nigeria – Nwankwo. p32; Make laws for Nigeria not APC, PDP — Bukar Abba Ibrahim to N/Assembly. p41; Minimum wage: Plateau calls for calm, says it’s negotiating with labour. p43; CAF Awards: Oshoala eyes fourth continental crown. p45.
- ItemOpen AccessDaily Trust(Media Trust Limited, 2020-01-03)Tension in Ilorin over demolition of Saraki’s house, p3; Malami justifies Dasuki, Sowore’s detention, p7; Why I can’t resign as APC chair — Oshiomhole, p49; 3,479 petitions filed in 4 election cycles…Despite reforms, p1; Oil starts 2020 higher on trade optimism, Middle East tensions,p15;Twins abducted in Katsina village as police rescue, p4; Military repels attack on Michika, p4; Tension in Ilorin over demolition of Saraki’s house, p3; Oyetola pays salary without federal allocation, p3; Electoral reforms after 2007 general election, p5; National Policy on Education and meeting 2020 demands, p10; Repositioning the Air Force for greater efficiency, p11; LG Chairmen: S/Court rationalises governors’ powers,p12; Ekiosa fi re: Edo market leader urges traders to come for recovered stolen items, p29; Finally, Imo community abolishes ‘Osu’ caste system, p30; Dangote’s fortune increased by $4.3bn in 2019, p33; Enugu Airport will be ready in April — FG. p34; PenCom lists roles of pension contributors, employers for CPS, p38; Race for 2023 presidency begins as Bode George indicates interest, p49; Dare pledges four football stadia by May, p54;
- ItemOpen Accessdaily trust(Media trust ltd, 2021-01-11) Daily Trust 11 jan 2022Daily Trust 11 Jan 2021 Lagos police stations still in ruins as operatives battle rising insecurity, pg3;Oyo killings: Miyetti Allah denies joint patrol with Amotekun, pg10; 37 burnt to death in Bauchi, Nasarawa road crashes, pg4; N/Delta minister wants TAJ Bank branch in Uyo, pg21; Lagos police stations still in ruins as operatives battle rising insecurity ,pg3; AfCFTA: Dangote leverages trade deal, creates new trade routes, pg4; Gunmen attack Ebonyi police station, kill 3 offi cers, pg6; Emir of Zazzau appoints new Iyan Zazzau, others, pg6; Redirect your grouse to LG chairmen, Lalong tells protesting worker, pg6; Osun Senator escapes ‘assassination attempt’, pg6; 10,000 displaced Borno families get food supplies, pg6; Ekiti govt imposes curfew, bans gathering of more than 20, pg6; Nigeria short of 277,537 teachers at basic level – UBEC, pg7; FRSC warns against night trips, pg7; Ex-ambassador to US, Obiozor, emerges Ohanaeze president, pg7; Day Kano community celebrated ‘hardworking’ DPO, pg10; 175m SIMs linked to NINs – Offi cial pg12; Service chiefs: Buhari seeing things Nigerians don’t see – Presidency, pg12; IPPIS: Varsity workers threaten nationwide protests, pg12; Agriculture and health nexus in fight against COVID-19 pandemic, pg18; FMN contributions to Nigerian economy huge — Olusanya, pg20; First Bank unveils virtual payment card, pg20; N4.4tr debt bad for economy — AMCON, pg21; N/Delta minister wants TAJ Bank branch in Uyo, pg21; Local content: Firms asked to audit expatriates, pg21; Workers decry poor irrigation tools, pg21; Airline to save N10bn with VAT removed from tickets, pg21; Tackle porous borders now, FG urged, pg21; Herbalist caught with human part said he bought it for N2,000, pg22; Police arrest 2 over kano shooting, pg22; Kidnapped councillor’s wives, 3 others freed after ransom payment, pg22; Community arrests man who raped 7 teenagers in Plateau, pg22; Appeal court affirms death sentence by hanging in Ekiti pg22; COVID-19: Property investment still profi table in Dubai, pg26; 774 jobs: Plateau flags off employment of 17,000 workers, pg27; We’ll not accept anti-party in FCT PDP – Chairman, pg27; LASG seizes 100 okada over traffi c law violations, pg27; Emir of Keffi woos foreign-based agro manufacturing firm to Nasarawa, pg27; Police brutality: Ogun panel visits crime scene, ex-SARS office,pg27; My battle with coronavirus – Babafemi Ojudu,pg34; Osinbajo: Nigeria stronger together than apar,t pg35; Stop protesting new appointment at NDDC, N/Delta leaders urged, pg35; Troops kill over 50 bandits, recover rustled livestock in Zamfara, pg35; HIV/AIDS: FG tasked on antiretroviral drugs, test kits, pg35; Biafra war: Obasanjo, Kukah, others to speak at conference, pg35; Air Boeing 737 'black boxes' located, pg38; Trump must ‘go away as soon as possible’ – Senator, pg38; Ethiopia, Sudan and Egypt talks on mega-dam break down, again, pg38; Why Bafarawa’s visit to Wamakko is raising dust, pg39; APC will sack PDP from Adamawa in 2023 - Prof Mamman, pg39; Let’s work together to beat our opponents, Ogun APC tells members pg39; 2023: Uba Sani, speaker’s feud will affect APC’s fortunes – Shagal,i pg39; Weak institutions responsible for Nigeria’s woes – Awe,pg39; Gunmen kill Saudi-based oil expert in Kog,i pg46; COVID-19: Commissioners urge FG to strengthen responses in states, pg46; Fire razes motorcycle spare parts factory in Anambra, pg46; Kidnapped Ondo couple regains freedom, pg46; Support fight against insurgency with useful information – Abiodun, pg46; Insecurity: Edo launches vigilante network ,pg 46; Plateau Utd secure first league victory over winless Heartland ,pg47; LaMelo Ball becomes youngest NBA player to score triple-double ,pg47; Poor copy cats, Yankees are, pg48.
- ItemOpen AccessDaily Trust(Media Trust Limited, 2020-01-06)101 police killed in 2019: Rivers, Bayelsa, Edo, Kaduna lead, p1; Gunmen kill 4 soldiers in Niger community, p6; PDP bigwigs in secret battle for 2023 presidential ticket, p39; Northern govs caution FG on troops’ withdrawal, p3; Rejig security architecture to end killings, PDP tells Buhari, p3; DPR blames Kaduna gas explosion on illegal transfer of LPG to cylinders, p6; Visa-on-arrival video fake – NIS CG, p7; 2023: The race is on, p10; ‘FG saved N700bn through finance reforms’, p13; Economic growth: Experts task governments on infrastructure, p18; Inculcate Qur’anic knowledge in children, Abuja lawmaker tells parent,. p22; 2020: NDE targets grassroots empowerment – DG,p32; Don’t speak without clearance, Ayade warns commissioners, others. p40; Yobe will overcome insurgency challenges — Alhaji Ibrahim Jirgi, p41; SERAP to Buhari, Osinbajo, govs: ‘Publish your assets within 7 days'.,p43;Volleyball: Nigeria face Cameroon in Olympic qualifiers, p47.
- ItemOpen AccessDaily Trust(Media Trust Limited, 2020-01-08)Details scanty as ‘Operation Amotekun’ starts in S/West. p1; Restless politicians talking about 2023 — Tinubu. p41; Oil price: FG revenue shrinks as petrol subsidy rises. p17; Warm clothes markets boom in Jos over freezing cold. p30; Electricity tariff : What FG, DisCos should do – Experts, LCCI, NECA. p18; Oshoala crowned African Women’s Player of the Year. p47;Presidency to religious leaders: Don’t politicise religion. p3; Ayade signs N1.1 trillion budget. p6; Yobe contributory healthcare law will improve access to quality healthcare – Commissioner. p7; Rivers headquarters of money laundering after Lagos – Magu. p9; National Hospital discharges separated conjoined twins. p14; Farm produce distributors decry multiple levies on highways. p19; Disability Commission: Kano Coalition calls for inclusion of disabled groups. p26; LG to demonstrate energy-saving cleaning solutions at CES 2020. p31; Residents panic as black soot resurfaces in Rivers. p33; Buhari to INEC, police: Let Nigerians elect their choice. p41;
- ItemOpen AccessDaily Trust(Media trust ltd, 2021-01-12) Daily Trust 12th Jan 2021Daily trust 12 jan 2021 We’re deploying you all to Sambisa forest, Buratai tells recruits, pg4; DisCos install only 525,000 meters in 2 yrs, pg19; Lagos-Ibadan rail: COVID-19 ‘sacks’ 70% of workers pg20; We’re running out of treatment facilities – FG cries out, pg5; 28 insurgents killed as 6 soldiers die in Yobe ambush, pg4; FG signs N744.4bn pact for Kano-Maradi rail line, pg 21; DSS uncovers plots to incite religious violence in Nigeria, pg3; We’ve checkmated terrorists – Military, pg4; COVID-19: NDLEA suspends screening of 5000 candidates, pg4; Alleged laundering: Adoke stranded in UAE over COVID-19 – Lawyer, pg4; Over $30m loan available to private healthcare providers in Nigeria, other countries, pg5; How Zulum fed 10,000 IDPs, enrolled 1,163 out-ofschool children, equipped 1,200 dry season farmers, pg9; USA Elections 2020: Democracy Wins and Trump Loses! ,Pg16; AKK gas pipeline: Arewa needs exigent regional industrial reform policy pg16; DisCos install only 525,000 meters in 2 yrs pg19; CAC unveils e-process for fi rms’ certifi cation pg19; FG loses N5.4tr to tax evasion by multinationals in 10yrs, pg19; Lagos-Ibadan rail: COVID-19 ‘sacks’ 70% of workers, pg20; Stock market begins week with N16bn gain, pg20; FG urged to unify rates for forex remittances, pg20; Firm energises Lagos clinics, pg20; Polaris lauded on dollar payments, pg20; 9mobile appoints technical head, others, pg20; Stanbic offers business support schemes, pg21; INTELS empowers 40 women, pg21; Coca-Cola appoints Olajide as MD, pg21; Demolitions and constitutional powers of govs, pg29; #EndSARS: Panel lists Abugu’s murder case against police for hearing, pg29; Why lawyers protested against judiciary in Ebonyi, pg29; Why FG accelerates disbursement of youth investment fund to meet 500,000 job target, pg31; Vindicating Governor Lalong from the Plateau LGs minimum wage uproar, pg33; COVID-19: Ogun opens oxygen therapy centre,pg36; Tanker explosion: Lagos bridge remains closed as repair work begins, pg36; Court dissolves 1-year-old marriage over lack of love, pg36; FCT primary school teachers to resume strike if authorities renege on agreement, pg36; Corps member in police custody for hacking man to death, pg37; One killed after N2.5m POS robbery in Plateau, pg37; Customs intercepts cannabis, other contraband worth N148.6m, pg37; Why party chairmen shouldn’t take sides in our feud – Kaduna speaker, pg40; My life in danger over Atiku’s campaign debt – NCP boss, pg40; Fire kills 3 family members in Kano, pg41; 1,163 Borno displaced kids return to school, pg41; ‘Soldiers arrested our vigilantes as criminals in Oyo, pg41; Police complete probe, await DPP advice on Ogun Commissioner accused of sexual harassment, pg41; Buhari to Obiozor: Be a unifying force beyond Igboland,pg42; Why Nigeria can’t produce COVID-19 vaccines – FG, pg42; Police parade Lokoja-Abuja kidnap kingpin, others, pg42; We’re not getting funding for COVID-19 research, others –NIPRID, pg42; Court grants Sowore N20m bail, pg42; Sponsors scramble for National Principal's Cup pg47; Trump National stripped of 2022 US PGA Championship, pg47; NIN registration - The mark of the beast, pg48; World’s oldest football player, Miura extends Yokohama contract, pg48.
- ItemOpen AccessDaily Trust(Media trust ltd, 2021-01-08) Daily Trust 8, Jan 2021Daily Trust Newspaper Friday, January 8, 2021 COVID-19: Don’t be complacent, vaccine won’t come soon – FG warns, pg7; World reacts to Trump supporters’ attack on Capito, pg39; FG reverses latest electricity tariff hike, pg4; NIMC staff strike cripples NIN registration, pg5; Court restrains Ganduje from salary deduction, pg12; India leads China, 3 others as Nigeria’s export destination, pg20; ‘AKK pipeline to make Kano regional industrial hub’, pg22; Surrounded by water, Bayelsa residents lack any to drink, pg3; FG reverses fresh electricity tariff hike, pg4; Boko Haram abducts Yobe district head, pg6; COVID-19: Don’t be complacent, vaccines won’t come soon – FG warns pg7; ‘Some Nigerians still doubt COVID-19, present fake results’, pg8; EndSARS: It will take long time to rebuild Lagos – Sanwo-Olu, pg8; 2 million Nigerians living as refugees – Minister, pg8; COVID-19: Buhari, Osinbajo, SGF, others to take vaccines on live TV ,pg9; Avert looming industrial crisis in CAC, Labour warns FG, pg9; COVID-19: Growing national testing‘ll enable Nigerians understand virus –NCDC, pg9; SIM Registration: Don’t put your NIN for sale, EFCC warns Nigerians, pg9; Bandits kill four in Kaduna village, two others along Birnin Gwari Kaduna highway, pg11; COVID-19: Edo records 28 new cases, 5 deaths pg12; Constitution amendment and the code of conduct agencies, pg17; India leads China, 3 others as Nigeria’s export destination, pg20; Power grid records 5,552MW peak generation, pg20; FG bans rice import, others, raises border patrol team, pg20; Low prices: Nigeria, others may lose $1tn oil revenue — PWC pg21; Air travel drops over COVID-19 rise — Report, pg21; AfDB appoints Nigerian, 7 others in regional offi ces, pg22; Transport institute to commission annex in Kano, pg22; NSCDC arrests 751 in Edo pg 37; Bauchi: NHRC received 417 complaints in 2019/2020, pg37; World leaders shocked by Trump supporters’ attack, pg39; Fears as APC bigwigs wrangle over 2023 presidential ticket ,pg40; US polls: No democracy without ‘storm’ – Dons, pg40; Islamic council seeks halal ruling before COVID-19 vaccination, pg41; COVID-19, trial from Allah – Cleric pg41.
- ItemOpen AccessDaily Trust 14th January,2021(Media trust ltd, 2021-01-14) Daily trust 14 jan 2021Nigeria to obey OPEC pact on oil cut — NNPC pg15; PDP goes to court as APC, 11 others set for Kano LG polls pg24; #EndSARS: 233,000 to resit NECO exams pg20; Rivers, Zamfara, Bayelsa, Imo fail FG’s transparency test pg5; Trump impeached for second time pg6; Police probes Amotekun, herders’ crisis in Oyo pg9; Veterans protest nonpayment of minimum wage arrears pg22; It was painful watching 6 sets graduate ahead of us—KASU’s best medical student pg3; Presidency warns Islamic group over Kukah pg4; Northern elders to Nigerians: Resist religious incitement pg4; Buhari hails Lawan at 62 pg4; NLC to Ganduje: Stop cuts in workers’ salaries or face crisis pg4; Military airstrike kills scores of terrorists in Borno pg6; COVID-19: PDP wants PTF disbanded pg6; Abacha loot projects: Court orders AGF, BPP to maintain status quo pg6; Empower youths to end crime –NCAC pg6; COVID-19: Death toll surging in Plateau - Lalong cries out pg8; Farmers allege diversion of FG loans pg8; UNILAG resumes Jan 25, to begin online lectures pg8; Borno student gets N10m for kidney transplant pg8; Zulum orders employment of more doctors for Borno hospitals pg8; Man arrested for defiling 5-year-old girl in Kano pg9; Benue: Cholera death toll rises to 14 pg9; No political party should cede 2023 presidency to South East pg13;COVID-19 R-factor and weak links in Nigeria pg 14; NRC begins e-ticketing for Abuja-Kaduna train route pg15; New airport: Ebonyi’s economy to get a boost from Dec pg15; PIB: Move to develop oil, gas industry — Osinbajo pg16; Sacked outsourced Access Bank workers protest pg16; Special works: Bauchi gives tools to 20,000 youths pg16; New airline plans to acquire operational licence pg16; Onne, Apapa Customs generate N637bn in 2020 pg16; Slashed vehicle import duty threatens 54 assembling plants pg17; Outage in Sokoto as TCN expands power line pg17; Firm TETFund hands over roads to UniJos pg20; UniAbuja to commence diabetes education programme pg20; Ekiti employs 600 primary school teachers pg20; Veterans protest nonpayment of minimum wage arrears pg22; 6,800 rural women get FG’s cash grant pg22; We will prosecute Lagos club owners who violate COVID-19 protocols — CP pg22; Edo teachers to commence indefinite strike on Monday pg22; Police recovers mutilated genitals of 6-year-old girl in Bauchi pg23; Man docked over alleged abduction, fraud pg23; Kidnappers of Akeredolu’s Chief of Staff’s wife remanded pg23; Ondo gov’ship: Court dismisses suit against Akeredolu pg24; Edo gov’ship: Tribunal bars APC spokesman from testifying pg24; NECO releases 2020 exam results, derecognises 12 schools pg25; Lukaku books Inter Italian Cup pg31; quarterfinal clash with AC Milan pg31; NPFL21: Heartland stuns Enyimba to secure first league win pg31; Man City beat Brighton to extend unbeaten run pg31; FAME Foundation signs MoU with FCT FA pg31; England’s oldest living male Test cricketer, Don Smith dies pg31; Francesca Jones qualifies for first Grand Slam tournament pg31;
- ItemOpen AccessDaily Trust 19th January, 2021(Media trust ltd, 2021-01-19) daily trust 19 jan 2021Crude worth N76bn lost to pipeline vandals in 2020 pg18; Jonathan chairs 18th Trust Dialogue on restructuring pg6; Uproar as Akeredolu asks herdsmen to leave Ondo pg5; Kano secures N10bn CBN fund for ailing industries pg10; French-speaking criminals invade Yoruba land – Amotekun commander pg28; Court forfeits 88 vehicles to P 31 Lagos govt over traffi c violation pg29; Zulum pays thank-you visit as Borno gets federal Polytechnic after 45 years pg7; We have storage facilities for COVID-19 vaccines-FG pg13; Unilorin researchers recommend pineapple for COVID-19 management pg13; 15 million Nigerians use hard drugs –FG pg13; 2021 budget of continuing unrealism! Pg14; How not to fi ght corruption in Nigeria pg15; Damaturu-Maiduguri road: Who will stand for UNIMAID students? Pg15; Crude worth N76bn lost to pipeline vandals in 2020 pg18; CBN to release 300,000 metric tons of maize Feb pg18; Petrol price rose by 14% in December — NBS pg18; Buhari to inaugurate Oil & Gas Centre Jan 21 pg18; FG unveils car made by 30-year-old Nigerian pg19; Stock market loses N39bn as week begins pg19; Sanwo-Olu woos investors for $2.2bn opportunities pg19; ‘Pricing of natural gas can drive investments’ pg19; Chevron, Bayelsa community differ over oil spill pg19; Reality TV show debuts for SMEs pg20; FG gives 247 women get N20,000 grant in Kebbi pg20; Oil prices fall on demand concerns pg20; Dangote completes Nigeria’s longest concrete road pg20; How Quick Response Payment Framework Could Boost Financial Safety, Stability – CBNpg21; How to prevent Preeclampsia in pregnancy pg23; Hiccups, tinnitus, stammering are bizarre signs of COVID-19 –Doctors pg23; No evidence cashew leaves and bark treat hypotension and diabetes pg24; Proper spine alignment during sleep will prevent aches – Experts pg24; Why Nigeria needs paramedics – Expert pg24; COVID-19 vaccine: FG urged to prioritise people living with NCDs pg24; Governor Lalong engages Plateau stakeholders on COVID-19, security pg25; Contentious issues in new Electoral Act Amendment Bill pg26; Gombe gov. inspects erosion, township road projects pg28; NDLEA intercepts 21.9kg cocaine in Abuja pg29; EFCC jails man for defrauding American of N19.6m pg29; Defection: Dogara not our member – APC pg30; Oyo APC, PDP pass buck over fake Amotekun uniforms pg30; Buhari ignores Senate, names Fikpo acting NDE DG pg31; 29m SIMs not yet linked to NINs as deadline expires today pg 31; Insecurity: Show concern to citizens’ plight, PDP tells Buhari pg31; 2023: Why we’re forming new political movement – Okorocha pg31;Again, EFCC arraigns ‘Mama Boko Haram’ on fresh N41.7m fraud charge pg32; One shot as Kafanchan residents protest electricity tariff hike pg37; FG approves outstanding payment of New Nigerian Newspaper workers pg37; NPFL21: Akwa Utd drop points against Wikki Tourists in Uyo pg39; Students falsifying age to get into Real Madrid Academy – Commissioner pg39; How George Floyd fl oored Donald Trump pg40; Nadal in ATP top 10 for 800th successive week pg40;
- ItemOpen AccessDaily Trust 22 Jan. 2021(Media Trust, 2021-01-22) DAILY TrustUnpaid bills: Electricity supply to Shagari’s house cut off, restored pg.9; 2023: Low turnout as Yoruba summit pushes for Tinubu presidency pg,29; Fulani free to live in Ondo – Monarchs pg 38; Govs disown Yahaya Bello over COVID-19 vaccine claim pg,7Jega, Nwodo, Adebanjo: Restructure Nigeria now pg1; Discipline, sincerity, security will rescue Nigeria – North Central Forum pg,3; Let’s fi x fundamental issues fi rst – Jonathan pg,4; Implement Jonathan’s confab report – Adebanjo pg,4; Nigeria’s federalism defective - Prof Jega pg,4; Northern Elders Forum backs restructuring pg,6; Buhari directs foreign, local coys on strict tax payment pg,16; FG approves guidelines for Executive Order 5 pg,16; Africa remains fertile for investment — Adesina pg,17; Firm, FCDO to train 1,000 persons in Nigeria pg,17; France among top 10 export destinations — Minister pg,17; Nigeria’s telecom subscribers hit 208m — NCC pg,18; KEDCO to improve services with complaints data pg.18; NIN: Katsina donates 34 laptop computers, printers to NIMC pg,19; Kia Nigeria plans another electric vehicle pg,20; How iconic is Hyundai Ioniq 5? Pg,20; Group to raise 3,000 emerging leaders in 3 yrs pg21; How I converted my school project to business venture — Tailor pg,21; NDE trains 420 youths on skills in Kebbi pg.21; British College launched in Akure, pioneers online learning pg.21; Institute sensitises Gombe IDPs on peaceful co-existence pg22; Northeast farmers get N6.4bn CBN loan to boost cotton production pg22; 55 orphans, vulnerable children to benefi t from varsity intervention pg22; Benue court orders WAEC to release 52 candidates’ results pg23; How business can thrive in Plateau – PLACOBPA pg23; NDE trains 50 unemployed women on spice making in Plateau pg23; Borno girls obtain job skills to ‘live with dignity’ pg.24; Child without anus yet to undergo surgery —Fathe pg.24; COVID-19 safety awareness improves in Maiduguri pg.24; Police urge politicians to intervene in A/Ibom land crisis pg.25; Bayelsa women decry herders’ destruction of farmlands pg25; Pastor links communities with bridge pg.26; Kwara disburses N92.5m to Ilorin rainstorm victims pg.26; 2, 139 Niger households affected by 2020 fl ood get FG relief materials pg.26; Gunmen abduct many in Zamfara village Buhari orders speedy response pg.27; 2023: Low turnout as Yoruba summit pushes for Tinubu presidency Kogi lawmakers intensify campaign for Yahaya Bello pg.29; Violation of political parties’ constitutions hindering our growth – Ex-gov Elechi pg29; We will unseat Makinde in 2023 – Oyo APC pg.29; Group empowers 563 farmers in 3 states, FCT pg.30; Court jails student for cultism in Akwa Ibom pg.32; Armed men disrupt Bayelsa council lawmakers’ sitting pg.32; Banditry: Some emirs sabotaging our peace deal –Matawalle pg.38; Forest reserves: Fulanis free to live in Ondo –Monarchs pg.38; Only fresh elections can end NBBF crisis – Skambo pg.39
- ItemOpen AccessDaily Trust 25th Jan. 2021(Media trust ltd, 2021-01-25) Daily TrustUntold story of Amotekun, herders’ clash in Oyo community pg3; Kano’s quest to revive ailing industries pg 18; Cultists burn 35 houses, market in Enugu pg8; Foreign rice floods Nigerian markets pg5; Quit notice: South west governors meet Miyetti Allah today Pg4; 3,000 displaced as bandits kill 6, abduct 5 in Niger Pg8; ABU, other tertiary institutions can resume from Monday – Kaduna govt; Gunmen invade orphanage, kidnap 11 in FCT council pg33; Insecurity: Let’s avoid another civil war – Bishop pg.7; Oyo communal clash claims 2, police van, monarch’s palace vandalized pg.8; Go after criminals, don’t label herders pg14; How green is FG’S Green Imperative Project (GIP)? Pg 14; Selling FG’s moribund assets to fund 2021 budget pg14; Museveni’s contentious sixth term pg16; How Kano moves to revive ailing industries pg18; Foreign investors can’t fix Ajaokuta Steel Complex — Kamoru Yusuf pg19; Scores await N45,000 airport car operators’ fund as payment begins pg20; Hygiene: FCTA warns veterinary staff, butchers pg30; 2023: Kogi lawmakers under attack over Bello’s campaigns pg32; Nigeria ripe for female presidency – NDIC chair pg32; Nasarawa Utd cage Wolves 2-1 to maintain unbeaten run pg39;
- ItemOpen AccessDaily Trust 28th Jan. 2021(Media Trust, 2021-01-28) Daily TrustMany killed as rival bandits clash in Katsina pg4; Furore over government’s night raid on Dahiru Bauchi’s tsangaya school in Kaduna pg3; 802 stranded Nigerians in Saudi Arabia to return today pg4; Amnesty International alleges continued police brutality pg4; Buhari to service chiefs: We're in state of emergency pg5; Akeredolu, Makinde, Ooni meets president pg5; Insecurity: 300 female soldiers deployed to Abuja-Kaduna Highway pg6; Buhari okays 6-month jail for COVID-19 protocols’ violators pg6; Strange disease kills four, 24 others hospitalized in Sokoto pg7; Ortom tests positive for COVID-19 pg7; 11-year old boy drowns in Kano pg7; 4 killed in Kogi road crash pg7; Why restructuring? Pg9; Not just new Chiefs, but a new strategy is needed pg12; Appointing a new IGP pg13; Challenges before the new service chiefs pg13; Presidential order on NASENI to manufacture helicopters pg13; Deadly second wave of COVID-19 and youth vulnerability pg13; A reflection on Toyin Falola’s ‘Is the diaspora now about rubbishing those at home? Pg14; CBN disburses N554bn to 2m farmers in 5 years pg16; Buhari nominates new AGF, FRC Chairman pg16; Equities market gains N180bn in 3rd-day trading pg16; Oil dealers worry over PIB clauses pg17; No aviation agency benefited from N5bn palliative — NCAT rector pg17; I foresee more trouble for poultry sector – Animal College provost pg19; COVID-19: 700m students study from home lose $10 trillion – World Bank pg20; Protect students, teachers against COVID-19, gov’t, schools’ owners told pg20; FG to execute 43 road projects in tertiary institutions pg20; SON seizes N55m 'harmful' detergents in Ogun pg22; Shun govt's directive, Edo NUT tells teachers pg22; Ekiti court dissolves 3-year-old marriage over cruelty pg22; Benue Livestock Guards impound 376 cows, arrest 6 herders pg23; Man in court over N2m fraud pg23; Bigwigs won’t hijack APC membership registration – Gov Bello pg25; Transmit bill on restructuring to N/Assembly, Olawepo-Hashim urges Buhari pg25;APC chieftain advocates capital punishment for corrupt politicians pg25; Cholera kills 20 in Benue pg30; Nigerien police often rescue us from bandits – Sokoto district head pg30; Insecurity: Obasanjo tasks youth to douse tension pg30; Police parade 59 for murder, rape, kidnapping in Ogun pg30; COVID-19: Five die in Osun within 24 hours pg30; Wikki Tourists striker, Ibrahim becoming popular with pencil portraits pg31; National Open Archery tourney holds March 2 in Abuja pg31; NSF 2021 in limbo as Edo gov’t complains of lack of funds pg31; 10-man Pillars labour to 1-0 victory over Rivers United pg31.
- ItemOpen AccessDaily Trust Friday 10th January , 2020(Media Trust Limited, 2020-01-10)IPPIS: FG, ASUU refuse to shift grounds. p3; BUA listing adds N1.8tr to NSE capitalization. p17; PDP biggest obstacle to good governance — Presidency. p51; N2trn Mambilla power project: We’re starting from scratch – Minister. p1; B/Haram kills 3 soldiers, 8 civilians in Monguno. p3; SGF reverses NBET MD’s suspension as ministry submits report. p17; Gunmen kill 12 persons in Plateau village. p4; South West govs allay fears, as Amotekun security outfit takes off. p6; FG issues new directive to NBC on hate speech, others. p7; Katsina acquires 670 hectares of land for textile project. p7;Safety of inmates in correctional centres. p10; Customs generates N1.3tr, exceeds target by N404bn. p14; Cooking gas: FG to impose hefty fi nes, prosecute erring marketers. p18; NDE to train 480 youths on apprenticeship scheme in Taraba. p27; ‘How we cope with nagging husbands’. p39; US believes Iran accidentally shot down Ukraine plane – Reports. p48; Foreign nationals get 12 hours to vacate S/Africa’s Province. p48;
- ItemOpen AccessDaily Trust Friday, February 11, 2022(Media Trust Limited, 2022-02-11) Daily TrustAPC reconciliation c’ttee fails to submit report 15days to convention.pg,16; Bandits kill muazzin calling prayer in Zamfara,pg.28; Insurgency: Yobe needs over N25bn to revitalize education – Buni,pg.4; CBN ends forex sales to banks,pg.5; Court dissolves marriage as wife claims hubby divorced her via phone,pg.28; 2023: South not against North, Afenifere replies northern elders,pg.6; Robbers attack bullion van, kill 2 cops, 2 civilians in Ibada,pg.29; Excitement as Maiduguri-Gamboru Ngala road reopens,pg.3; Insurgency: Yobe needs over N25bn to revitalize education — Buni, pg.4; ‘Troops killed 120 terrorists in 3 weeks’,pg.4; B/Haram activities will end before 2023 Zulum,pg.4; Reps investigate leakages, explosions at oil fields.pg.4; Land Use Act hindering affordable housing—FG,pg.4; CBN ends forex sales to banks.pg.5; Bandits invade Niger communities, kill four, abduct many,pg.6; 2023: South not against North, Afenifere replies northern elders,pg.6; Aisha Buhari abandons plane, joins train from Kaduna to Abuja,pg.6; 2023: South not against North, Afenifere replies northern elders,pg.6; Islamic group off ers free eye treatment in Kaduna,pg.6; Officers feared dead as gunmen shoot police, customs in Enugu,pg.6; Falana demands release of journalist held by DSS,pg.7; NIA denies plan to arrest ex-DG Dauda.pg.7; Reps seek end to female genital mutilation.pg.7 ; NSCIA wants scribe’s killers arrested, prosecuted.pg.7; ‘Why Ganduje critic is still in custody after being granted bail’.pg.8; Kaduna traffi c marshals ordered to remove roadblocks,pg.8; NLC accuses Kaduna of interfering in unions’ matters.pg.10; BUK mass comm alumni to mark 40th anniversary with public lecture,pg.10; APC reconciliation c’ttee fails to submit report 15 days to conventio,pg.16; Court restrains Hayatu Gwarzo from participating in PDP N/West zonal congress,pg.16; 18 Zamfara assembly members vote for deputy gov’s impeachment,pg.16; Tambuwal, Bafarawa, Shagari meet Makarfi over 202,pg.16; Buhari to diplomats: Don’t interfere in our internal politics,pg.17; FCT polls: INEC begins distribution of sensitive materials,pg.17; A’Ibom APC stakeholders ask Akpanudoedehe to run for gov,,pg.17; We’ll promote decent politics in 2023 – Badaru group,pg.17; 2023: Supporters dump Atiku, want presidency zoned to South,pg.17; Emir of Ilorin’s brother joins reps race,pg.17; Group tackles MURIC over comments on 2023 presidency,pg.17; Teach oral health in schools to keep Nigeria’s children in the classroom,pg.20; They promised Nigerians the world, but only delivered atlas, pg.20; Africa must have seat at UN Security Council,pg.21; The best route to economic developmen,pg.21; Towards a citizens-driven FCT Area Council election,pg.22; Re: ASUU at it again,pg.22; The Zamfara impeachment saga,pg.22; Adulterated fuel: Buhari wants suppliers held accountable.pg.24; Dangote Business School, centre move to save Kano women businesses.pg.25; TrustBanc raises N3bn from commercial paper.pg.25; TrustBanc raises N3bn from commercial paper,pg.25; Nigeria has key market role in AfCFTA, expert says,pg.26; NARTO to down tools over hike in operational cost,pg.26; N/Assembly health committees lauds Emzor on Sagamu factory,pg.26; Kano woos foreign investors with compulsory insurance,pg.26; Minister inaugurates chairman, REA board,pg.26; All-New Nissan Navara to be assembled in Nigeria.pg.27; PAN Nigeria to roll out Chery and Higer vehicles.pg.27; Bandits kill muazzin calling for prayer in Zamfara.pg.28; Police arrest hoodlums Terrorising Kano metro,pg.28; Court dissolves marriage after wife claims hubby divorced her via phone,pg.28;Lagos task force arrests 12,429 miscreants, pg.28; Hanifa: Matan Arewa call for prosecution of negligent parents.pg.28; Robbers attack bullion van, kill 2 policemen, 2 civilians near Ibadan police station.pg.29; Robbers attack bullion van, kill 2 policemen, 2 civilians near Ibadan police station.pg.29; Council poll: FCT ministerwarns trouble makers.pg.29; Butcher bags 5 years for assault, theft.pg.29; Man lynched for attempting to steal baby in Niger IDP camp.pg.29; Supreme Court declares Karshi as APC candidate in AMA,pg.29; 6 AK-47 recovered as police, kidnappers exchange fire,pg.29;My siblings laughed when I started my make-up business-Fatima,pg.44; Lagos slum gets hub where entrepreneurs co-work,pg.44; Get involved to boost school safety, youths urged.pg.44; Pregnant woman has nail hammered into head to ‘guarantee’ baby boy,pg.45; Hijab ban sparks protests across India.pg.46; Coping strategies in marital union in Islam (III).pg.46.
- ItemOpen AccessDaily Trust Friday, February 18, 2022(Media Trust Limited, 2022-02-18) Daily TrustKano APC crisis:Ganduje floors Shekarau,Barau at appeal court,p14; PSC suspends Kyari’s men, orders IGP to suspend 2 inspectors,p4; Oppress widows bag 3-years in jail, payN1m fine – Reps,p9; How youths in Plateau community tackle banditry, kidnapping, p3; Buhari in tight corner over chairmanship zoning,p5; Armed kids held us hostage for 1 month — Captive,p6; 300,000 N-power exited beneficiaries to get CBN loans,p8; Wife kills hubby with hot water in Ogun,p29; Kano APC crisis: Ganduje floors Shekarau, Barau at appeal cour,p14; 2023: IBB calls for youth inclusiveness in governance,p15; FCT poll: Why APC lost AMAC - Party leader,p15; Osun APC gov’ship primary: Large turnout,p15; 2023: Arewa group backs power shift to S’East as Aregbesola rallies support for Adeoti, p15; S/East group denies endorsing Okorocha for president, p15; PDP’ll defeat APC in Ekiti gov’ship poll, group tells Oni,p15; The power politics behind Russia-Ukraine tensions,p16; The hijab, a Muslim woman’s identity, p16; At world expo 2020, I couldn’t see Africa in the future, p16; Still on Jabbi- Lamba Malabu- Konkol Belel- Cameroon roa,p18; South East leaders must unite, speak with one voice,p18; Re: Islam, Qur’anic education and Almajirci,p18; ABP: Kaduna farmers erect 30 maize pyramids, p20; Vehicle import: Freight agents kick as Customs set to implement VIN, p.20; ‘Nasarawa has attracted N207.9bn investments’, p21; Dubai-based TV maker to invest N41bn in Nigeria, Ghana, p21; FG signs N4bn pact with 8 firms for 23 solar project, p21;Investment in tech to combat poverty in Africa – Osinbajo,p22; Nigeria’s GDP records 3.4% growth, highest since 2014,p.22; PEBEC to partner N/West states on business prospects,p22; As N/Assembly fumes, airlines list 16 reasons for flight delays,p22; FG to deploy 20,000 jubilee fellows by April,p22; NADDC drives petrol transition, unveils electric mini-bus,p23;Mercedes adds AMG EQE to EV line-up USADF trains 70 youths on digital, management skills,p23; How innovation, regulation can spur fintech,p24; Hub trains Katsina entrepreneurs on grant applications,pg24; Reps to slash NEDC, UBEC, NASENI budgets,p30; FHA summons Abdulmumin Jibrin over ‘misconduct’,p30; FG constitutes white paper drafting panels for tertiary institutions,p30; Reps summon minister over N32bn revenue loss,p.30; Reps demand investigation of Bayelsa fishermen’s killings,p30; Nigeria has made progress in infrastructure, agric, others – AU report,p30; Acct-General to police: Treasury will continue to support you, p30; Zaria teen writes words of Qur’an by heart in 3 months,pg32; Between the world that we met,pg32; Explore internet for legitimate income, cleric advises Muslim youths,pg32; Hijab ban disturbing mental healthof Muslim girls, Indian court told,pg32; Bandits invade residence of community leader, abduct wives, 4 daughters,pg.37; Police kill 2 bandits, rescue 8 kidnap victims in Katsina,pg.37; NYSC extends service year of 33 corps members in Nasarawa,pg37; Kwara sets up c’ttee to probe hijab violence,pg.37; Police probe murder of Keffi varsity student,pg37; Osun APC primary: Govt alleges importation of fake NSCDC, correctional service uniform,pg38; 2 arrested with 30 gallons of fuel in Kwara,pg38; Drug deal: Ebubeagu arrests 12 in Ebonyi,pg38; Why we’re insisting on water resources bill – Minister,pg38; Zulum vows to sanitise teaching profession in Borno, pg38; ASUP set for indefinite strike,pg38; ABU, BUK join ASUU strike,pg38; Super Falcons battle Lady Elephants for 2022 AWCONTicket, pg39; Abdulazeez’s late strike hands Gombe 1-0 victory at Dakkad,pg.39; Kano kicks defending champions Kwara out of 2022 Ramat Cup,pg.39; Juventus, Ariston take partnership deal to Africa,pg39; Building national consensus on democracy building,pg40; Wasteful Barcelona held by Osimhen’s Napoli,pg40; Djokovic eager for Dubai comeback,pg.40.
- ItemOpen AccessDaily Trust Friday, February 4, 2022(Media Trust Limited, 2022-02-04) Daily TrustDangote Kaduna Peugeot Assembly rolls out new cars, pg.28; World Cancer Day:Patients lament treatment gaps in Nigeria, pg.3; Lai, Aregbesola, Yari set to fight back as APC inaugurates state excos, pg.16; FG links 96 persons, 156 coys to terrorism financing, pg.5; 2023: Kwankwaso in tight corner, weighs three options, pg.4; Nigeria needs to address high fertility rate –Buhari, pg.6; 18 killed, 3 injured in Yobe road crash, pg.12; 4 family members found dead in Abuja poultry farm, pg.14; 10,000 road crashes kill 5,000 in Nigeria annually – FRSC, pg4; Insecurity: Enough is enough, youths tell FG, pg.4; Alaafin, Tinubu hail translation of Nigeria’s constitution in indigenous languages, pg.5; N2.4bn ‘fraud’: Save me from EFCC’s harassment, Okorocha begs Buhari, pg.6; Our health sector still faces critical challenges – Osinbajo, pg.6; Mass transit: Zulum launches 610 taxis, tricycles, buses in Maiduguri…Targets 3,200 beneficiaries, pg.7; Bandits kill village head, 5 others,abduct 5 in Katsina, pg.8; Abduljabbar: Court orders return of first prosecution witness, pg.8; 14-year-old France girl memorised Qur’an in 4 months in Nigeria, pg.10; Buhari committed to achieving peace in Nigeria Dingyadi, pg.10; Release our people or take them to court,families of BDC operators tell Buhari, pg.12; Kogi cuts off water supply for 5weeks for repairs, pg.12; UK to help Nigeria tackle terrorism, other crimes, pg.12; FCT polls: 473 candidates,14 political parties to battle for 63 positions, pg.14; Estate developers flouting FCT rules – Reps committee, pg.14; Hijab: Several injured as peaceful protest turns violent in Kwara, pg.14; Cancer Day: Group Identifies awareness creation as fighting tools, pg.14; Gunmen invade Edo farm, kill staff , burn down 20-hectare rubber plantation, pg.35; Motorcyclists supplying food, drinks to kidnappers get N10,000 per operation, pg.35; Man arrested for sodomy, rape in Yobe, pg.35; Court remands teenager charged with complicity in friend’s death, pg.35; Court remands Ogun teenagers for killing girlfriend, pg.35. AEPB arraigns over 1,000 Abuja residents for failure to obtain waste bins, pg.35. Fulani radio organizes workshop for journalists on migrants’ rights, issues, pg.35; Lagos govt demolishes shanties, pg.35; IoD rewards Lafarge, pg.35; Abia cyclist kills colleague over plate of rice, pg.14; After inauguration of state excos, Lai Mohammed, Aregbesola, Yari set to fight back, pg.16; INEC to cancel ‘idle’ polling units after 2023, pg.16; 2023: Gbajabiamila drums support for Plateau Rep, Gagdi, pg.16; Yakasai to Clark: Stop issuing threats over 2023 presidency, pg.16; Ekiti governorship: The battle of the anointed candidates, pg.17; Senate deputy minority leader joins APC, pg.17; I don’t need Uzodimma’s blessing to contest for presidency Okorocha, pg.17; Ebonyi APC faction meets in Abuja, seeks recognition, pg.17; How Russia overshadows France in Africa, pg.20; Tinubu saga: Who is Bola Ahmed Tinubu, pg.20; Stop the extrajudicial killings, pg.21; As 2023 ticks in - A tight race beckons (II).pg,21; The wisdom of consensus in party primaries, pg.22; Cancer awareness, knowledge as tools, pg.22; Ogun/Oyo initiative on security is a welcome development, pg.22; Experts chide FG over disparaging comment on NBS, pg.24; Sterling Bank, founder institute fellowship award ,holds in February, pg.25; Host communities to get 3 modular refineries each – HOSCON, pg.25; US firm introduces new messaging app in Nigeria, pg25; Masari wants Katsina international entry points reopened, pg.25; PIA: Reps move to transfer assets of defunct NNPC to NNPC Ltd, pg.26; FG needs $600m loan to tackle environmental problems in 19 states, pg.26; Moody’s acquires GCR to compete with DataPro, Agusto in Nigerian credit rating market, pg.26; How locally made drones can tackle insecurity – Inventor Okoye, pg.29; Reality show on job hunt begins airing, pg.29; Nestle’s show to gift N1m to best cook, pg.29; Muslim women seek actions against anti-hijab sentiments, pg.38; Coping strategies in marital union in Islam (II), pg.38; MSSN asks Sanwo-Olu to issue circular on use of hijab in Lagos schools, pg.38; AEDC, unions agree on 10-month salary for disengaged GMs, pg.38; Works, N/Delta, FCT Ministries get N250bn SUKUK fund, pg.38; Convention: 4 APC govs meet Gambari, pg.38; ECOWAS’ position against coups in B/Faso, Mali, Guinea stands – Osinbajo, pg.38; Why we are strengthening energy research centres – FG, pg.38; Hijab: Group writes IGP over harassment of Muslim female students, pg.40; Ata of Igala to receive staff of office March 4, pg.40; Umahi condemns killing of security officer at Enugu/Ebonyi boundary, pg.40; Sanwo-Olu gives scholarships to 2 girls hawking, pg.40; Obaseki pledges support, incentives for women in Edo’s mining sector, pg.40; Clergy urges Gov Emmanuel to rescind decision on successor, pg.44; Resolve teachers’ stagnation, NUT tells Ekiti govt, pg.44; FG not paying attention to Benue IDPs – SEMA, pg.44; Commission unveils 5-year plan for inclusion of PWDs, pg.45; Oronsaye: EFCC closes case after 21 witnesses, pg.45; Glo TV reality show broadcast kicks off Saturday, pg.45; FG urged to hike tax on tobacco by 70%, pg.45; World Read Aloud Day, free vaccine for literacy - UBEC boss, pg.45; Imo reiterates commitment to infrastructural development. pg.45; ...Dangote visits renovated pitch of MKO Abiola stadium Abuja, pg.46; CAF approves MKO Abiola stadium for Super Eagles’ World Cup playoff, pg.46; 2022 Winter Olympics gets underway in Beijing, pg.46; Gombe United win 3-0 to inflict more misery on MFM, pg.46; Egypt exert revenge on Cameroon to set up final clash with Senegal, pg.47; Egypt coach Queiroz knocks CAF over $100,000 fine, pg.47; I fought Watford to release Sarr, says Cisse, pg.47; CAF reschedules Burkina Faso, Cameroon third place match, pg.47; Enablers of the return of the military in West Africa, pg.48; Injury-plagued Thiem eyes Indian Wells return, pg.48; Lampard admits tough task as he prepares for Everton bow, pg.48;
- ItemOpen AccessDaily Trust Friday, January 1, 2021(media trust ltd, 2021-01-01) Daily TrustWe killed 2,403 Boko Haram bandits,others in 2020 – Military pg.6; Buhari: We will work to restore hope pg.6; Brexit: What you need to know about the UK leaving the EU pg46; 2021: Experts worry over low IGR as states budget N8.3tr pg4; Forex ban on 42 import items remains as AFCFTA begins today Pg20; Hurdles trail electricity metering for 5m consumers Pg22; Nigeria’s 10 months battle with COVID-19 pg3; New Year: Govs urge unity, adherence to COVID-19 protocols pg7; Zulum meets minister over Borno refugees pg 8; Buhari signs 2021 budget, warns revenue generating agencies on target pg10; Let’s keep hope alive, Gbajabiamila urges Nigerians pg11; How to end banditry in North – Bagudu pg11; Extortion of NIN applicants attracts 7 years imprisonment – NIMC pg7; Outrage as Customs, smugglers’ clash claims 4 in Ogun pg12; Ekiti judicial panel kicks as army shuns invitation pg 12; Ndume empowers 1,200 women in Southern Borno pg12; Sanwo-Olu, Diri sign 2021 budgets pg12; Kebbi releases N3bn for retirees’ gratuity pg13; Kano clears air on ‘selling’ state properties pg14; Stop labeling Fulani as criminals – Miyetti Allah warns pg14; ACF raises alarm over importation of weapons using camels pg 15; Man arrested for beating 3-yr-old daughter to death pg15; Ondo gov pardons 11 prisoners pg15; 10 solid reasons why Nigeria’s 2021 budget should be trashed pg16; Leadership: Addressing the challenges of a recession pg17; A’Ibom 2023 gov’ship: It is the turn of Itu/Ibiono Ibom pg 18; Forex ban on 42 import items remains as AfCFTA begins today pg20; Stocks end with 50% return as investors gain N778bn pg 21; DPR shortlists 161 fi rms for fi nal stage of marginal oilfi eld bid round pg22; COVID-19 protocols: FAAN raises airport compliance teams pg22; Oil fi rm, foreigners, others top list of First Bank’s N228.6bn debtors pg22; Hurdles trail electricity metering for 5m consumers pg23; More vehicles soon with locally assembled Geely brands pg26; FRSC tougher on speed limit device pg26; KATSINA STATE GOVERNMENT pg 27; Youths urged to shun drugs, embrace sports pg30; How my varsity project created jobs — Osuji pg 30; Reggae artist seeks support for vulnerable persons pg 30; Tech start-up to give 1,000 scholarships pg30; Reggae artist seeks support for vulnerable persons pg 30; Gombe distributes water pumps for dry season farming pg 31; Senator Bwacha donates 10 tractors to constituents pg31; NIN registration: Bauchi Assembly seeks state govt’s intervention pg 31; Borno villagers spend night in bushes to evade insurgents pg 32; SEMA begins construction of stalls for Potiskum fire outbreak victims pg32; Yobe to recruit 3000 teachers, construct 7 modern schools pg 32; GOC presents Christmas gifts to displaced families in Borno pg 32; A/Ibom community sacks village for fraud pg 33; Tiv people lay claim to Cross River airstrip, Obudu Mountain Resort pg 33; Fishermen, residents lament over dead fi shes in Odua-Kugbo Rivers pg 33; Tension in Rivers community over death of cult leader pg 33; Kogi community donates police station pg 34; We are exposed to health hazards, Awo-Akpali people cry out pg 34; Banditry: No state could achieve peace in isolation – Katsina SGS pg 35; Kano women protest over missing children pg 38; Lafi a LG budgets N4.2 bn for 2021 fiscal year pg 38; Anambra govt reiterates ban on night clubs pg 38; How to end insecurity - Islamic group pg39; Ogun Police arrest 2,735 for rape, kidnapping, robbery in 6 months pg 39; UNHCR launches Zakat app to unlock giving for refugees pg 41; PDP needs unity to secure electoral victories in 2023 – Atiku pg 42; Lawmaker sets up N120m foundation for constituents in Sokoto pg 42; COVID-19: UK pledges £7m aid for poor Nigerians pg 46; NFF endorse Pinnick for FIFA Council seat pg 47; Bishop Matthew Kukah: Can a partisan tell truth to power? Pg 48;
- ItemOpen AccessDaily Trust Monday 13th January, 2020(Media Trust Limited, 2020-01-13)Troops kill 100 bandits in Zamfara, Katsina. p3; FG plans N88m cook stoves for institutions…After N9.2bn stoves for rural women project flops. P1; Despite CBN directive, petrol stations, malls still charge N50 stamp duty. p14; Building collapse incidents rose by 122% in 2019. p33; Gunmen abduct Kuje APC scribe, demand N10m ransom. p22; Offi cial arrested for allegedly pouring hot water on 12-yr-old girl. p4; S/west govs can’t abuse Amotekun Fayemi. p6; Despite CBN directive, petrol stations, malls still charge N50 stamp duty. p14; Illegal mining draining Nigeria’s economy – Minister. p19; E-ticketing will end racketeering at train stations – Amaechi. p20; 2020: What FG must do to check unemployment – Rep Mani. p40; S/Court hears appeals against Ganduje, Tambuwal, Ihedioha today. p50; Maku denies meeting with Tinubu, Atiku over 2023. p51; Nigeria battle 62 others for Tokyo 2020 slots in Portugal. p55.
- ItemOpen AccessDaily Trust Monday, February 7, 2022(Media Trust Limited, 2022-07-07) Daily TrustBauchi’s oldest monarch, Emir of Jama’are, buried amid tears, pg.7; As China delays, FG shops for N5.9tr loan to deliver multiple rail projects, pg.26; Lassa fever killed 40 Nigerians in January – NCDC, pg.43; Disquiet over Rep’s bill seeking scrapping, merger of NSCDC with police, pg.4; Bandits closing in on Kaduna metropolis, pg.5; Sound education, solution to insecurity – Aremu, pg.5; Insecurity: Presidency rejects Financial Times report on Nigeria, pg.6; Oath of secrecy,plot to gag N/Assembly staff – CISLAC, pg.6; G/Bissau coupists wanted to kill President Embalo, Buhari told, pg.6; Nigeria, world’s third highest in female genital mutilation–UNICEF, pg.6; Rotary urges FG to subsidize cervical cancer screening, pg.6; Kwara popular Islamic cleric slumps during sermon, pg.7; Lalong asks office holders contesting 2023 elections to resign, pg.7;One dead, 3 missing in Delta FPSO explosion, pg.7; Security operatives, vigilantes repel attack on Zamfara town, Pg.10; Spike in drug abuse imminent before 2023 elections – CRISA, pg.10; Atiku visits Benue, donates N50m to IDPs, pg.10; Nigerian develops app to aid investigation, others, pg.10; Expert raises alarm on brain drain in mental health sector, pg.10; Uncovered manholes stink up Abuja streets, pg.14; Court sentences woman to 9 years jail for kidnapping, pg.35; Man jailed 3 months for stealing bottled water,pg.35; FCT minister narrates COVID-19 experience, pg.14; NDLEA arrests dismissed DPO,wanted kingpin,seizes codeine, others, g.14;Customs seizes 60 jack knives, Indian hemp worth N10.4m, pg.35; Judge warns defendant for inviting police into court, pg.35; Muslim women hold hijab awareness outreach in Abuja, pg.14; Wife stabs husband’s nephew to death for breaking mirror, pg.35; Jos community sacks vigilante group for selling hard drugs, pg.35; Woman sues ex-husband over N50,000 feeding allowance, pg.35; Ganduje vs Shekarau: APC unveils power-sharing template today, pg.16; Buhari in a hurry to fix Nigeria – Lawan, pg.16; Zoning not a threat to my presidential bid – Yerima, pg.16; Tinubu returns to Nigeria after UK trip, pg.16; 2023 presidential bid: Hurdles before Saraki, pg.17; New strategies are required to control food-price inflation, Pg.20; Re: Journalism, power and Mu’azu Magaji Dansarauniya, pg.20; Improve connectivity among West African countries, pg.21; The odyssey of the Electoral Act Amendment Bill, pg.21; Time to tackle rising food prices, pg.22; Re:Medical negligence: Doctors as human beings, pg.22;An impending ASUU strike is one too many, pg.22; E-invoicing, e-evaluator may mar int’l trade, says expert, pg.26; Benue ranks high in World Bank grants, pg.27; NIPC unveils plans to woo foreign investors, pg.27; ‘Insecurity killing cotton production in North’, pg.27; NEPC sensitises exporters on AfCFTA processes, pg.28; Entrepreneurship: Value Adding, Costing and Pricing (I), pg.28;Kano agency empowers 20 traders, pg.28; Arla Foods to build dairy in Kaduna, pg.28;Why Nigeria may pay more on future Eurobond offers – Akpata, pg.29; Amidst fraud allegation, property firm meets with aggrieved subscribers, pg.30; Building collapse: Stakeholders to eliminate quacks, pg.30; Architecture thrives on excellence – Maduka, pg.30; Man with record breaking 864 insecttattoos: ‘I hate bugs’, pg.33; Transitional assembly holds first post-coup session, pg.42; Save Rayan: Death of boy sparks outpouring of heartbreak, pg.42;India bids farewell to beloved singer, pg.42; Ukraine crisis: Macron says a deal to avoid war is within reach, pg.42; Pakistan says it killed 20 rebels after attacks in Balochistan, pg.42; Nigeria’s constitution allows Muslim women to wear hijab – FG, pg.43; Lassa fever killed 40 Nigerians in January – NCDC, pg.43; Senior Secondary Commission to retrain teachers, pg.43; Buhari urges PM to keep Ethiopia united, pg.43; Rent: Senate bill seeks 3-month jail, N1m fine for defaulting landlords, pg.43; Osimhen fires Napoli to within point of Serie A summit.pg.46;Plateau Utd triumph 1-0 to end Rivers Utd’s unbeaten run, pg.46; W/Cup qualifiers: Igoche charges D’Tigress to make Nigeria proud, pg.46; 2 U-19 volleyball players join Albanian club from Plateau Rocks, pg.46; Senegal edge Egypt 4-2 on penalties to win first AFCON title, pg.47; Choupo-Moting slams Conceicao for lack of respect, pg.47; Infantinore affirms belief in African football potentials, pg.47;Forest stun FA Cup holders Leicester,Liverpool see off Cardiff, pg.48; Climate justice and Nigeria’s Sharon Ikeazor, g.48; Bublik stuns Zverevto capture maiden ATP title, pg.48;
- ItemOpen AccessDaily Trust Monday, January 3, 2022(Media Trust Limited, 2022-01-03) Media TrustFlight delays, cancellations: How airlines trample on passengers’ rights. pg.7; Kwankwaso, Ganduje trade words over 2019 governorship election. pg.24; Bandits kill 13 in Kaduna, Taraba, abduct 46. pg.6; APC convention shaky as ‘cabal’ plots consensus. pg.4; Buhari, governors, Atiku, Tinubu, others mourn Olubadan. pg. 6; Shari’ah Council gets new president.pg. 8; Insecurity: Association raises over N300m for Sokoto East. pg.8; Fire razes 250 shops in Anambra market. pg. 20; Tortuous ascent to Olubadan throne. pg.3; Nigeria not dumping ground for agrochemicals banned in Europe, others – NAFDAC. pg.4; Gunmen attack passenger boat in Bayelsa. pg.11; APC and the risk of a slapdash convention. pg.12; National Drug Control Master Plan 2021-2025. pg.13; How strategic leaders can develop a growth mind-set and win. pg.16; Reduce tax, interest rate in 2022, ACCI urges FG. pg.17; Subsidy removal will increase hardship – Abdulqadir. pg.17; Police nab suspected motorcycle snatchers in Osogbo. pg.20; Tesla owner blows up his Model S with dynamite instead of paying $22,000 (about N9m) to repair it. pg.22; The changing faces of INEC in 10yrs. pg.25